If you want the best iphone app development books, or you have a geeky friend or loved one, then you should probably print a copy of this list. These are the most wished for books on Amazon. What does this mean for you? It means there is probably a book or two on this list that your closest iphone app geek friends would love to open on their next birthday or special event. And your friend will love you for it, as Iphone apps are the hottest trends in the application market today.
Save yourself some time by using this as a shopping list. Your iphone app geek friends will love you for it. I’ve included the star rating in case you’re trying to decide between two book s.
1. Beginning iPhone 3 Development: Exploring the iPhone SDK by Dave Mark, Jeff LaMarche 4.5 out 5 stars
Are you a programmer looking for a new challenge, and are you excited by the potential massive riches, after your shiny new iphone app hits the Apple App Store’s Top 25? Then this book is perfect for you as it is a great introduction to Iphone app development. You’ll learn everything you need to know about developing your first cool new iphone and ipod touch app, and how to optimize your code to give the best user experience.
2. More iPhone 3 Development: Tackling iPhone SDK 3 (Beginning) by Dave Mark, Jeff LaMarche 5 out of 5 stars
This book carries on where book number one left off and digs deeper into the lastest Apple iphone SDK, and is a logical progression in your learnings. You’ll learn about Core Data, and how to build larger apps, utilize a variety of networking mechanisms (such as Bluetooth), how to embed maps, and how to integrate a users ipod library into your apps! How cool is that??
4. Programming Interactivity: A Designer’s Guide to Processing, Arduino, and Openframeworks by Joshua Noble 4.5 out of 5 stars
This book will help you make cool stuff. If you’re a budding designer or artist, this book will teach you to work with 2D and 3D graphics, sound, physical interaction, and electronic circuitry. This book is more for the hardware/engineer geek in your life!
5. Head First iPhone Development: A Learner’s Guide to Creating Objective-C Applications for the iPhone by Dan Pilone, Tracey Pilone 4 out of 5 stars
Do you have an idea for the next number one iphone app? Don’t know where to begin? This book will get your first app running very quickly, as you learn to use ethe iphone SDK tools, including IB, Xcode, and Objective C programming. This book covers it all in visually rich format, giving you all the tools to create the next top 25 iphone app..
6. The iPhone Developer’s Cookbook: Building Applications with the iPhone 3.0 SDK (2nd Ed) by Erica Sadun 5 out of 5 stars
This popular Iphone developers book is an essential resource for the newbie and the more advanced iphone and ipod touch app geek. It has been completely revised and expanded to cover the Iphone 3.0 SDK. It is a very useful book providing a ton of clear and concise examples illustrating important techniques to developing top iphone apps.
7. iPhone SDK Development (The Pragmatic Programmers) by Bill Dudney, Christopher Adamson 4.5 out of 5 stars
This book will help you learn new tools, new API’s (like the geolocation and motion sensing accelerometer, and others), and even a whole new programming language. This book will help you succeed in the leading mobile platform, the Apple Iphone.
8. Cocoa Touch for iPhone OS 3 (Developer Reference) by Jiva DeVoe 3.5 out of 5 stars
This is a good well rounded Iphone app guide that will definitely help you join the iphone app store gold rush, and get you there quickly! Plenty of step by step tutorials and practical tips to get you creating great apps very quickly.
9. iPhone Cool Projects by Gary Bennett and associates 4 out of 5 stars
This projects book is a great resource giving you great hands on experience to help you create blockbuster iphone apps that get noticed. Chock full of excellent illustrations, code, and sample apps, that will get you on track quickly.
10. iPhone User Interface Design Projects by Joachim Bondo
This very popular book gives a ton of practical advice and examples to help you create awesome apps with a eye popping user interface. A great book to learn how to optimize your apps for the small screen size of the mobile markets.
I’m sure you’ll find something in this list that you or your best iphone apps loving geek friends will love. And who gets the credit?….you. Just make sure your friends share some of the riches when they get to the top of the pile on the app store!